On the Android side, if there is a seamless and tightly integrated feature, then it should be the Chromecast feature. Thanks to the deeper synergy between the two Google platforms, you can cast your Android screen to your TV in seconds and without lag. Similarly, on the iPhone side, Apple has developed a similar AirPlay feature that works quite well on Apple TVs but does not support casting to Android TV. But in this article, we show you how to circumvent this limitation and cast iPhone to Android TV and make your Android TV AirPlay compatible. So, without delay, let’s get to the guide.
Cast iPhone to Android TV (January 2021)
Before we move on to the guide, keep in mind that screenshot will work on both your iPhone and Android TV. must be connected to a public WiFi network. Apart from that, make sure both devices are closer to the router for the best screen mirroring experience from iPhone to Android TV.
1. If you are using Google apps, Chromecast supported apps like Netflix, etc. You can easily cast your iPhone screen to Android TV. You won’t need to make your Android TV AirPlay compatible as these apps come with Chromecast built-in. Open any supported app (in my case, Google Photos) and look for the “cast” button. It is usually located in the upper right or lower right corner. Now, tap on it.
2. Next, tap on Android TV and there you are. Your iPhone screen will be cast on Android TV in seconds. The best part is also supports audio output and landscape mode.
3. If you are not using any of the Chromecast supported apps and want to mirror the entire iPhone screen to Android TV, you need to install a third-party app. Go ahead and Install ApowerMirror (iPhone / Android TV – Offers free, in-app purchases) on both your iPhone and Android TV. It will make your Android TV AirPlay compatible.
4. Now open ApowerMirror on both your devices and grant the necessary permissions. Next, open Control Center on your iPhone and Tap on “Screen Mirroring”. Here you will find “Apowersoft” along with the Android TV name. Tap on it to cast your iPhone to Android TV.
5. Finally, your iPhone screen will be on the bigger TV. Now you can use any app on your iPhone and that app will be mirrored on Android TV. And also supports audio output, zoom in/out and landscape mode. This is great, isn’t it? From now on, you don’t need to open the app on both devices and keep it active.
In relation : 5 Ways iPhone 6s Beats iPhone 6
6. If you are experiencing any lag or frame drops, open ApowerMirror on your Android TV and go to Settings -> General Settings ->. AirPlay resolution -> 720p. This much.
Cast iPhone to Android TV Without Chromecast
Thus, you can cast the entire iPhone screen to Android TV without relying on Chromecast. The third-party solution is pretty good too, although the Chromecast feature is great and works much better with its supported apps. In my use, I did not experience any lag after switching to 720p resolution. Anyway, that’s it for us. Follow our linked article to learn more about such Android TV tips and tricks. And if you run into any issues, comment below and let us know.