Snapchat It is one of the most trending apps of the moment. It has more than 100 million active users every day with 2 billion snaps daily and has a market share of around 60% in the 13-34 age group. A real success. The concept that lets you share photos with your friends in a fun and casual way is popular and probably not ready to stop. The company regularly releases new feature-rich updates like selfie effects.
- To read : Why Snapchat, WhatsApp, instant messaging are popular
After giving you a series of tips for better using Snapchat a while ago, here’s best hidden features the application. Those whose existence is often overlooked.
1. Use two filters at the same time
Filters are a really nice feature of Snapchat and offer both color effects and time and weather. Want to add both hue and weather to your picture? All you have to do is combine the two filters. Here’s how:
- Add a filter by swiping left after your photo has been taken
- After the filter is applied, hold your finger down swipe across the screen and with your other hand to send a second filter
2. Secure your account
Snapchat’s lack of security has often been cited. Apart from this aspect, the application offers the possibility to secure your account to prevent any other smartphone from connecting to your account without SMS confirmation. Here’s how.
- Go to app settings and “Authentication”
- Click “Continue”
- Authenticate with MMS and then make sure the “Authentication” box is checked.
3. Save your battery and data
Like many apps, Snapchat loads a lot of information in the background. when you are not using. It is convenient but also consumes a lot of battery and data. Fortunately, it is quite possible to prevent the app from automatically downloading snaps. Here’s how.
- see you on the menu Settings > Additional options the app
- check box “Travel mode”
- Uploading snapshots and stories will then be done manually.
4. Add nearby contact
This very practical option allows you to add friends without the need for a phone number or username. The only condition is that they must necessarily be nearby. All you have to do is:
- Scroll the menu by swiping up and down from the center screen
- click “Add as Friend”
- choose option “Add Nearby Friends”
In relation : Cardinals vs Cubs Live Stream: How to Watch
5. Add color to your images with emojis
It is possible to change the style of an image in Snapchat using filters and also thanks to emojis. Actually, it is possible to create filters using the color of emojis. It’s pretty fun and the result is often very successful. To do this, all you need to do is:
- Add an emoticon to your picture
- Magnify the expression using two fingers
- Overlay photo of emoticon enlarged frame
6. Change emojis in your friend list
As you may have noticed, each of the people on your friends list comes with an emoji. Every emoji has a meaning and it is possible to change it.
- see you on the menu Settings > Additional Options > Friend Emojis
- You will then see the meaning of each of the emojis appear, you can change the default emoji by clicking on a title.
7. Change the name of one of your contacts
You probably won’t use this option every day, but you know that it is quite possible to change the names of your contacts. This can be useful, for example, when you want someone to appear at the top of the list. Here’s how.
- Long press the name of one of your contacts. A popup window will open
- Click on the gear wheel on the left
- click “Edit Name”
- Edit your friend’s name and click “Save”
Leave a Reply